Tomatoe pie....(not healthy AT ALL)
don't be fooled by the blanket effect
of entering a heathyish website and think
that everything on this website is good for
you. Yes, some of it is, most of it but.. buyer beware.

Recipe Below:


BASIL TOMATO TART (TOMATO PIE)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Serves:  8
I unbaked pie crust
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (can be 2%)
4-5 Medium Tomatoes (or more if needed to cover the pie crust well – I like a lot of tomatoes in the pie)
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves of garlic (I used minced garlic – about 1 to 1½ teaspoons)
½ cup regular or light mayonnaise
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
Put piecrust in 9 inch pie dish/pan (I use Pillsbury pie crust in cold section of grocery store)
Follow package directions for pre-baking (prick, etc).  Remove from oven and sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella.  Cool on wire rack.  Peel and cut tomatoes (I use slices).  Some people drain on a paper towel – I just slice onto a plate and then put in pie shell (I don’t put juice in). Arrange tomato slices atop melted cheese in the baked pie shell.  Combine basil and garlic and coarsely chop in a food processor.  Sprinkle over tomatoes (doesn’t really sprinkle – just blob it around).  In a bowl, combine remaining cheese (1 cup), mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and pepper.  Gently spread over tomatoes and basil mixture, spreading as evenly as you can.
Bake 35-40 minutes until topping is turning brown.
As an FYI – I go a little over on the mozzarella, mayonnaise mixture so I will have enough.

Comments