Totally healthy guilt free mac and cheese

So I have the best mac & cheese recipe that is pretty much totally guilt free  and your kids and your husbands will like it!! No joke!
 I found these awesome single ingredient noodles a few months ago at Costco from a brand called tolerant. The only ingredient these noodles have is 100% Red lentils!! I have no idea how they do this but they are so good and  the texture is perfect!  You can find them at some Costco's, whole foods and you can get them also on Amazon.  I want to kiss these people that created these. 11g fiber, 1g sugar 21g protein in a 3 oz serving. Sure there's about 53 carbs but it's a real food, in my opinion....totally ok!
Part two: the cheese part! The cheese is basically just  yellow squash!
Steam 2 medium sliced up yellow squash until very soft.
Put steamed squash, 2-3 T of grass fed butter or Ghee (ancient organics is the best brand I've found of ghee) 1tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and 1tsp pink salt or more.
Sometimes I add a  pastured egg yolk or 2 for added richness if I'm going to eat it right away but not necessary
Mix all cheese ingredients in a high speed blender until creamy.
Pour over noodles serve while still warm
Bonus: you could sprinkle Parmesan and or bread crumbs on top if you don't care about gluten or dairy
PS:This recipe is 2 year old approved !😉
Plus you are getting everyone to eat more veggies and cutting the calories in half.

Comments