Egg and sweet potato pancakes








This morning we made sweet potato and egg pancakes!! I've been making and playing around with the recipe for a few weeks now and they are super good! I'm not a huge sweet potato fan either just so you know...
Basically I peel, cube and boil a large sweet potato.
(Boil and discard water. supposedly it removes oxalates which aren't that great for us)
Boil til it's soft enough to smush
Mix in 2-3 pastured eggs
I used Ghee or clarified butter which stands up great to high heat
Pink salt to taste
Serve with grass fed butter like Kerrygold for even more nutrition.

I just throw it in my vitamin to give it a smooth texture but you don't really have to do that I'm just lazy or something in a hurry most of the time
Add ons:
You can add some ripe banana for a sweeter pancake if you want
Blueberries work too
I added potato flakes today to hold them together better. Not necessary but it worked well.(Don't use the potato flakes with all the bad stuff in them. If you are lucky enough to have a whole foods nearby their 360 brand is only dehydrated potato that's it! No other ingredients on the box.



Comments