Today I made coconut kefir and coconut yogurt

I love my vitamix seriously. I also love ferments! I will be posting a lot more food projects here in the near future. There is so so much going on in my kitchen lately I'm like a mad scientist! Plus,I really really want to share what I've been into lately in hopes to maybe find some like minded friends here!!
I bought kefir starter this time,  I usually use the grains or crystals for doing non dairy kefir. Turns out you can use probiotic capsules that you may already have as a starter for yogurt and some other fermented or cultured foods.. Good to know! I love Donna gates (body ecology) shes like my idol...she has a lot of great info and awesome recipes on you tube. Check her out if you get a chance.


Coconut yogurt made from meat of a young coconut and a little coconut water.
let sit on counter over night.




Coconut water fermented for about 24 hours or until it starts to turn white.
(i don't let mine sit very long)


Comments